Monday, October 7, 2013

Isn't waking up at 5 in the damn morning great when you have a speech class at 9 am? Not to mention, the 3 mile walk! Eheh... yeah. Morning! I am half asleep, so here's my half asleep morning post...
I never realized what messed up stuff I watched when I was a kid. Things like Salad Fingers, Happy Tree Friends... And my family was worried that Pokemon would corrupt me! Well, there was one thing that I have recently re-watched - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni or When the Cicada Cry.
...
It is a wonderful anime. I've seen some darker stuff, but this is pretty messed up.
It stars a group of girls, two of them are kids and two are high schoolers. One of the high school girls has a twin sister. At first, you think it's a cute comedy about a boy named Keiichi who moves into the small town they live in... BUT it's not. This anime within the first 6 episodes stars gore and violence... and somewhat unexpected, seemingly unmotivated violence!
There is a reason though, and that reason isn't revealed until season 2.
...
It was based off of a visual novel of the same name and written by the same people who wrote Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, When the Seagulls Cry... Which is also based off of a visual novel. Yeah.
It's pretty messed up at points, there's one episode where the chick goes crazy in school and starts trying to maul one of the little girls with a chair...
Here's a picture!

This isn't the actual art, but I thought it summed up the show.
In case some of you didn't know, a visual novel is a video game, but with only pictures and text, and very few dialog choices. It is Japanese, which makes sense.
                                                                         ~Aggroe~

No comments:

Post a Comment