Saturday, September 2, 2017

How much Mass Effect is too much Mass Effect?

Hey all, Aggroe here!

I've been swamped this week! Just been working a lot so I'm exhausted, I also adopted a cat who's pretty whiny and hates not being pet at all times, so she's been keeping me up ALL NIGHT! So sorry I didn't post yesterday or the day before, but I'm good to go now and I have a three day weekend so tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday I will for sure post something :)

I'll start off with the 30-day challenge, so without any further ado...

Here's day 3: a game that's underrated!

I have a hard time with this one too. There are so many good games out there that aren't necessarily popular, but are still fantastic! I would probably have to pick Katamari Damacy though. It's pretty wild, wacky, colorful, and absolutely ridiculous but satisfyingly so!
If you still aren't convinced, go ahead and check out this video, of the intro. Go ahead, I'll wait.

...

Welcome back! So story wise, the King of All Cosmos (the man featured in the video with too-tight tights) knocks all the stars and planets out of the sky, and YOU, his son (the Prince of All Cosmos), must fix his mistake!
By rolling things up on Earth, you create planets and stars to replace the old ones. I really love the literal translation of the title, because in English the literal meaning of "Katamari Damacy (Damashii if properly written) is "Round Soul Clump".

If you haven't played this game, I recommend checking it out for sure! It sounds dumb but it's actually fairly challenging in later levels and a lot of fun!

Aaand now day 4: my guilty pleasure game!

For this category, it's not that tough to pick. The game is: Monster Girl Quest!
I actually love this game so much that I named my snake after the main lamia; Alipheese Fateburn the 16th. (We call her Alice for short though, just like the game). I don't actually want to give much away, but what I can tell you is it's kind of funny how I stumbled upon this game.

Initially, it was curiosity and slight disgust. "How in the hell can people have a fetish for this, isn't it just a step above furries?" It turned into mild enjoyment. "Huh, the way this game works is actually really nice, a cool twist on rpgs with higher stakes, has fantastic dialogue and a hilariously dumb main character, and it's actually, dare I say it, kinda sexy in a weird way that makes me slightly uncomfortable". Once I hit the end of the second game though, and the FULL story was revealed, I fell in love with the characters and noticed as the trilogy went on all the character development. And ultimately, you won't believe me unless you play it yourself, but the game has a deep storyline and is all about how if we try and understand each other, no matter what our differences are, we can learn to get along and treat each other with respect.
Pictured; best snek speaking the truth
That image is fairly late game, I think it's between mid 2nd game and mid 3rd game, but could be later.

Welp I'll finish defending nsfw games now I guess :p though I will never stop loving MGQ!

And now, day 5: game character I feel I'm most like

I would have to say that this is a tough choice, just because even though I can relate to characters there aren't a lot that I feel I'm like.

But if I had to pick, I would say that I'm kind of like Fox McCloud (in Starfox Adventures, specifically) without the badass-ness.
He's sassy, sarcastic, and would rather blow shit up (because it's faster and more epic) than sneak in the smart way. He's not the brightest bulb in the box, but he always has a snappy comeback. Also he doesn't put up with people's shit, if someone irritates him it's obvious.

SO the rest of my post (since it's already long) will just be gifs that I find funny that are from Mass Effect. I discovered these first few the other night when I was looking for a good picture of Garrus. Just observe and enjoy~


So there's those things to enjoy. I laughed harder than I should at all of these!

And finally, this video is fantastic~ I'm still on a Mass Effect kick and recently beat the 3rd one, am getting into Andromeda. This DLC is probably my favorite of all of the DLC I've played so far, especially the dialogue inside the vault!

Anyways, I hope you all have a splendid night and sweet dreams~ Eventually I'll post shit other than Mass Effect. Look forward to it, readers~

No comments:

Post a Comment