Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Are Coloring Books Nerdy? Are Aliens Taking Over the Blog??

Hey all, Aggroe here!

Today I want to talk about something that I've begun to really enjoy in the last year or so. As some of you may know, I like to draw a LOT. However it's so time consuming and I'm not always in the right state of mind for it, so instead I will usually color. Now I wouldn't bring this up if it didn't relate to the blog in some way, so here's a few pictures of one of my newest coloring book!





I've started coloring in this book and it's just amazing! There are multiple different art styles and it's a lot of fun to have all the iconic scenes in your own version. One of my favorite things about the Alien series is the aesthetic, and getting to add to that in whatever way I see fit is a lot of fun. Plus I love the terror this series evokes, even nowadays it's still creepy!

So fun story time, as a kid I initially thought SciFi was boring and pointless, but when I was introduced to the X-Files and that was the SHIT! I love that show to death even now that I'm older! X-Files cultivated my love of SciFi and built up a curiosity deep within me; a drive to learn more about the world and about the universe.

The first time I watched the Alien series, I think I was too young; kept falling asleep. I didn't understand what was going on, and didn't really care. But recently I rewatched them with family and holy shit was I missing out!

So now, a bit of a tone change. I'm moving on to the 30 day challenge, and day 2 is: my favorite video game character!

Which is an incredibly hard choice. Do I go with Makoto Naegi, Enoshima Junko, Monokuma, or Fujisaki Chihiro from DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc? Or maybe a classic, like Link, Mario, or Sonic? Maybe someone from a game I've played more times than I can count, someone like Celia from Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life?

I think though, ultimately, when considering this question I have to think of what character I can relate to, what character I understand, a character who's funny and quirky and maybe a little bit awkward. Not the main character, but a character who was there for the protagonist every step of the way, no matter what. A truly loyal friend, and a brave soul. Someone who isn't afraid to speak the truth but also genuinely cares about others.

Maybe I'm biased; after all I just put about 50 hours into this series, for the third time, and beat the whole series in just a few days.

But at this time I would have to pick Garrus, from the Mass Effect Trilogy.
I like the storyline of him with both male and female Shepard. Either way they have a truly strong friendship, no matter what happens. He's loyal, brave, strong, and some of his commentary is just hilarious! Though Mordin, Joker, Dr. Chakwas, and Liara are all tied for second place. Really I just love the whole crew, especially the early ones who start and end with Shepard.

The story of the three games was executed well I thought, and I like how often the game made fun of itself, for example one of the last scenes in the Citadel DLC during Mass Effect 3 when Shepard and co are stuck in the vaults. I won't spoil anything but it's comic gold!

That's about all I have for you guys tonight, I'm pretty exhausted and have work in the morning, but I hope you all sleep well and have sweet dreams~!

No comments:

Post a Comment