Thursday, November 7, 2013

Random Thursday~ Japanese Christmas and... Silent Hill?

Good morning everyone! How is the week going~?
I know that Anemone has hit some rough times, so I'll post a link to something that I think will make her smile a bit... Here is a beautiful song about superheroes. It's by one of my all time favorite comedy singers, Stephen Lynch.
Of course, I also love Flight of the Concords, Garfunkel and Oates, and They Might be Giants... But this song just makes my day. It is EXTREMELY inappropriate, but it's hilarious.
~~~
Well now, I dunno what to talk about. Truth be told, that's why I haven't been posting as much, haha...
Hmm, I guess I'll talk about Japanese culture a bit.
You know how in America, Christmas is a time to be with family and New Years is more of a date holiday? Well, in Japan it's reversed! Typically, you will go out on a date on Christmas day or Christmas eve, and enjoy it. On New Year's eve, one will typically join their family in a visit to a shrine at midnight. There, you pray and ask the gods (of Shinto, of course) to bless the New Year... Sort of like a New Year's resolution. After that, you go home and eat Soba noodles with your family, but you have to slurp the noodles. If they break, then the New Year will, supposedly, hold bad luck for the person who broke the noodle...
...
That sounds really... not appropriate.
Anyways, I always thought that was an interesting concept, and I would really love to experience New Year's in Japan.
~~~
Anyways, I really love the Silent Hill games. They are a lot of fun, but I regret to inform you that I never did play the originals... I really want to though, and once I get my PC up and running, I will definitely visit the town of Silent Hill~
I am sad to admit that I've only played Downpour... It only took 4 or 5 hours to beat. I liked it as a standalone game, but it would have been much better if it were longer.
Still, I wish I could play the originals right now~ I heard that Downpour is one of the worst Silent Hill games, but since it's the first one I've ever played, I didn't find it all that bad. It actually scared me 2 or 3 times!
I watched the first movie and the remake, I really liked the original... Pyramid Head is the ultimate badass~ In fact, he's about 10x more terrifying than the new guy, Bogeyman... Pyramid Head is... Well, he's just fucking creepy. Bogeyman is more like "RAWR I WILL KILL YOU AND EAT YOUR HEART!!!" And PH is all "Hm~ I'm gonna take my time~ Soon, you'll be BEGGING for death~ *creepy giggle*"
I dunno, that's how I see them.



Still though, I wouldn't want to meet either of these mofos in a dark alleyway at night... Or during the day for that matter.
  This picture made me laugh, and I'm not sure why, but I really liked it.
Adorable, right?

Yeah. That's about it I guess. Peace!
...
No, I'm never saying that again.
Bye everyone!
~Aggroe~

No comments:

Post a Comment